Are you looking for a fun rafting trip in California?
Are you ready to take a memorable trip down the lower American River?
Would you like to raft on some rapids as you take in some gorgeous views?
If any of this seems like fun and something you would like to do, then maybe you should consider the American River Raft Rentals for booking a trip. In this article, we are taking a look at why they are one of the largest rafting companies in California.
***TRY TRUCKEE RIVER RAFT IN TAHOE: Uncover Truckee River Raft in Tahoe in our rafting review feature. Truckee River Rafting.
We also give you details about the different types of packages and trips they have, how to get in touch with them and some of the features and services they provide. Don’t forget to read till the end, where we also share what other visitors who used their services have to say about the company.
***VISIT ROYAL GORGE WHITE WATER RAFTING: Uncover Royal Gorge whitewater river rafting in our review feature. Royal Gorge Rafting.
JUMP TO A SECTION:
What is American River Raft Rentals?
American River Raft Rentals is one of the largest and the most experienced rafting companies in California.
What SERVICES do they offer?
- The company provides self-guided rafting trips on the lower American River.
WHEN and WHERE was it launched?
- American River Raft Rentals was launched in the year 1974 in California.
WHERE can you find them?
Here are some of the different ways through which you can get in touch with the people at American River Raft Rentals:
***YOUGH WHITEWATER RAFTING: Experience Ohiopyle whitewater rafting in our Yough River feature. Ohiopyle White Water Rafting.
Call: 888 – 338 – RAFT
Physical address: American River Raft Rentals, 11257 S Bridge St., Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Exact location: They are located off the Sunrise Blv. and are about 1.5 miles north of the US50 in Rancho Cordova (on the Fair Oaks Exit).
MORE INFO: https://raftrentals.com/pages/directions
- From San Francisco Bay Area, take Interstate 80 East to Sacramento.
- In West Sacramento, I-80 will split. Right hand lanes will head for Reno, Nevada.
- Left lanes turn into Highway 50 towards South Lake Tahoe. Continue on Highway 50 approximately 20 miles.
- Pass these exits: Watt Ave, Bradshaw Rd, Mather Field Blvd, and Zinfandel.
- The next exit is Sunrise Blvd. Take this exit north, bear to the left off-ramp.
- Travel about 1.5 miles north on Sunrise.
- Turn right on So. Bridge street just before Sunrise crosses the American River.
- Raft rental is visible from Sunrise.
MORE INFO: https://raftrentals.com/contact
***GLACIER RAFT CO IN GLACIER NATIONAL PARK: Discover the West Glacier with Glacier Rafting Company in our Glacier National Park raft feature. Glacier Raft Company.
You can share your details in this contact form here so that someone from the company can get back to answer your queries.
Products & Services (MORE DETAILS)
- The company provides its customers with shuttle bus services.
- These buses run 7 days a week and provide return shuttle service from 1pm till 6pm.
- You will have to purchase the tickets for the shuttle service in advance when you rent your raft.
- As per the California laws, you are not allowed to carry any pets on these buses.
- Please check the shuttle timings before you head out for rafting, as they may be subject to change. The staff will be able to guide you better.
- On-site parking is available only for those who are renting. Weekends and holidays have a parking fee ($). Otherwise, the parking is free on other days for rental customers.
Experienced guides for the tours
- The company offers self-guided tours which means you will have to be on the raft on your own.
- Please speak to the staff in case you need any special assistance while on the raft, and they will be able to guide you better.
- You can rent the life vests and paddles in the same cost as that of the raft rental. Prices are minimal $.
- You can rent the raft from the company.
- The pricing will vary depending on the size of raft that you choose.
Options for renting are:
- 4 person raft
- 6 person raft
- 10 person raft
- 12 person raft
- 1 person kayak (only rented once staff determines that river flows are suitable)
- 2 person kayak (only rented once staff determines that river flows are suitable)
- Paddle board
More details about renting and pricing:
- The price of the raft rental includes raft, paddles and the life vests.
- You also have to pay a damage waiver at the time of renting the raft.
- You are also required to pay a Launch Fee as stated by the Sacramento County for each watercraft.
- In addition, you will also be charged a Return Fee and a Late Fee (the latter is charged for every hour that you are late).
- Extra Cleaning Charge will be applied if your raft is in an unsanitary condition.
- You will have to make a credit card deposit ($$$$$) per rental contract. Valid Driver Licence required at the time of making payment. You can pay through Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Cash. Cheque deposits are not allowed.
Customizable packages and group rates
- The company does offer customized packages and group rates. Please get in touch with them to know more.
Meals and other add-ons
- The company does provide Beach Hut Deli Sandwiches that you can pick up fresh on the day of your trip.
- If you book a trip for a Saturday between Memorial Day and Labour Day, the sandwich will be ready for you when you arrive to pick up your raft.
- You can choose your choice of sandwich from turkey, veggie and pastrami.
- The sandwiches are priced in a medium range ($$$) and will be made to order for you.
- You can also add chips and drinks to the same with a minimal cost ($).
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING about American River Raft Rentals?
1. Perfect trip lengths
- Trips are timed about 3 to 4 hours long and it is just the right amount of time.
2. Great for outdoor fun
- Easy water trip for the entire family along with some beautiful natural scenery.
3. Easy and affordable
- Pricing is worth the experience you have. Options are available for group discounts and customized packages.
4. Excellent customer service
- Well-trained staff who will help you with safety instructions and do’s/don’ts for a safe and memorable experience.
5. Perfect for families
- These trips are super-fun and perfect for families, as even young kids will enjoy the comfortable water ride.
People Didn’t Like…
- Small parking space.
- No one to help carry raft to the river.
- Shuttle ticket could have been avoided.
- Could have had more food options.
Do we RECOMMEND American River Raft Rentals?
We recommend booking a trip through them for some great family time in the water.
What kind of tourist/customer is perfect for what this company has to offer?
If you are planning to book a trip with the American River Raft Rentals, keep the following in mind:
- There may be some amount of physical risks involved in rafting.
- Always wear a life jacket, from the start of your trip till the end, to minimize the risk of any injury.
- Children who are below the age of 13 will have to wear a life jacket compulsorily at all times, from the start of the trip till the end of the trip.
- Only those children will be allowed on the trips who weigh at least 40 lbs and are at least 5 years or older.
While you head out for your fun adventure, make sure to understand and follow all safety instructions to have a memorable experience. Enjoy!