JUMP TO A SECTION:
Our Choice Recommendation
- Lever Lock Bracket: This solid 10-position bracket features a quick-release lever lock and reinforced composite...
- Telescoping Tiller: Get easy, comfortable, intuitive operation of your trolling motor with the six-inch telescoping...
- 5 Fwd/3 Rev Speed Settings: Five speed settings for forward and three speed settings for reverse.
Can you use an inflatable boat with motor attachment?
Are only certain types available for use with motors?
Do you need any special accessories or gear to make this work?
If you’re thinking of buying an inflatable boat, you may be wondering if you can use it with a motor attached or if you’ll need to paddle the boat every time you take it out on the water. You might be looking for something with a little more power, and you may be interested in upgrading your inflatable boat to handle more water, too.
If any of this sounds like you, then you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll show you several inflatable boats that can be used with motors, and then give you some motor recommendations to help you get started as well.
***FIND YOUR SURVIVAL LIFE RAFTS HERE: Get a lifeboat raft for survival in our selection. Life Raft.
Not every inflatable boat can handle a motor attachment, but many can. Most of the time, you don’t need additional accessories and only have to purchase the motor separately to install it and get it working in almost no time. Of course, all boats and motors are different, so be sure to check out product specifications to find out more.
Read on to find out about inflatable boats with motor attachments.
Option #1. Intex Excursion 5 Inflatable Rafting and Fishing Boat
With the Intex Excursion 5 Inflatable Rafting and Fishing Boat , you and several friends can enjoy a trip out on the water with the help of the motor of your choice. This boat can hold up to five adults and can be used with a 1.5HP motor if you wish.
- The boat comes with inflatable seats, oars, and a pump.
- This choice is designed to resist punctures.
- This option may arrive missing some pieces.
- The boat may develop seam holes over time.
Option #2. Intex Mariner 4-Person Inflatable Boat Set
The Intex Mariner 4-Person Inflatable Boat Set is a durable plastic boat that can be used with a motor mount. It’s made of UV-resistant plastic and is built to withstand scrapes and bumps. This set comes with oars and a pump as well for your convenience.
- The boat can hold up to 880 pounds of weight and has enough room for a few adults to share it comfortably.
- This offer can be inflated and deflated easily and quickly.
- You will need to purchase an additional motor mount if you plan to add a motor to this choice.
- The boat may be prone to slow leaks.
Option #3. Pexmor Inflatable Dinghy Boat
The No products found. comes in either white with black and red accents or white with blue accents. This boat comes with wooden floor slats and functions with two separate air chambers for safety and convenience as well.
- This boat set comes with oars and a pump as well as a fishing rod holder to make your time on the water more comfortable.
- The boat can hold up to 660 pounds of weight.
- It may be tricky to register this boat in some states due to a lack of information from the manufacturer.
- The boat is small and may not hold as many people comfortably as it is supposed to.
Option #4. Sea Eagle Inflatable Motormount Boat
The white and blue Sea Eagle Inflatable Motormount Boat is a stylish and spacious boat that can hold several adults comfortably. This choice has a weight limit of a surprising 1200 pounds and offers plenty of sitting and leg room for all of its passengers, too.
***GET YOUR INFLATABLE POOL FLOAT HERE: Find inflatable pool rafts in our float selection. Pool Raft.
- The boat can be used with a motor of up to 3HP.
- It only takes a few short minutes to set up this boat.
- The boat only includes an inflatable floor and not a rigid one.
- This option is heavy and cannot be managed by one person alone.
Option #5. Solstice by Swimline Sportster 3-Person Runabout
Take some short fishing trips on calmer waters with the Solstice by Swimline Sportster 3-Person Runabout . This boat is made of durable PVC-coated material and includes built-in D-rings for towing and storage purposes. This offer also has oarlocks and bench seats for convenience purposes, too.
- This choice can hold up to 595 pounds of weight between three passengers and any gear you might bring along.
- The boat can be used along with a motor of up to 4HP, not included.
- The seams may begin leaking within just a few days of use.
- The included pump has been known to arrive not working out of the box.
Option #6. Minn Kota Endura Transom Mount Trolling Motor
Available in many different sizes, the Minn Kota Endura Transom Mount trolling Motor comes with everything you need to install it right away. This motor features five different speeds for moving forward and three speeds for moving backward as needed.
- The motor runs quietly so it doesn’t scare away fish while you’re moving through the water.
- This option is easy to install.
- The battery life may wear out quickly with this option.
- The reverse speeds aren’t very efficient and may not be fast enough for some customers who are looking for a more powerful motor.
Option #7. Newport Vessels Saltwater Transom Mounted Trolling Motor
Choose between thrusts of 36 pounds, 46 pounds, 55 pounds, 62 pounds or 86 pounds when you go with the Newport Vessels Saltwater Transom Mounted Trolling Motor . This offer is durable and easy to mount no matter which capacity you choose, and includes an adjustable shaft to make it easy to place depending on the water where you’ll be using your boat.
***GET YOUR WHITEWATER RAFT OR KAYAK TODAY: Get hold of inflatable kayaks and white water rafts for sale in our collection. Rafts For Sale.
- The motor includes an LED battery gauge that is easy to read.
- This choice offers five forward speeds and three reverse speeds.
- This option may not be powerful enough for larger boats.
- The motor may rust severely in salt water.
Option #8. Intex Trolling Motor for Intex Inflatable Boats
The Intex Trolling Motor for Intex Inflatable Boats is built specifically for use with Intex brand products and can’t be used with every other brand across the board. However, it’s perfect for these lighter-weight boats and is designed to have just the right amount of power for this offer line.
- The motor features an adjustable handle to make it easier to position it correctly.
- This offer is easy and quick to install on Intex brand boats.
- The motor does not come with a 12-volt marine battery, which is required for operation.
- The motor doesn’t include a motor mount, which will be an additional cost.
What are some characteristics to look for in the right motor for your inflatable boat? Keep these in mind when you go shopping:
- Speed: Choose the right speed for your boat. Smaller boats can’t handle higher speeds, so pay attention to the recommended size for the boat you’re considering.
- Capacity/size: This is similar to the speed of the motor. Larger boats need a higher capacity and motor size, while smaller ones don’t.
- Ease of installation: You should always choose a motor that can be easily installed on the boat you’ve purchased.
By remembering these suggestions, you should be able to pick the perfect boat and motor for all your water recreation needs.
Last update on 2022-12-31 at 15:29 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.