What is AVA Rafting?
What kinds of services does this company offer?
Where did this company get its start?
AVA Rafting is a popular white water rafting excursion company based in Colorado. This company services many different locations throughout Colorado and offers various trips and experiences.
***TRY TRUCKEE RIVER RAFT IN TAHOE: Uncover Truckee River Raft in Tahoe in our rafting review feature. Truckee River Rafting.
Aside from white water rafting, customers can also enjoy ziplining, horseback riding, fishing, hot air ballooning, rock climbing, and much more when working with AVA Rafting.
***VISIT ROYAL GORGE WHITE WATER RAFTING: Uncover Royal Gorge whitewater river rafting in our review feature. Royal Gorge Rafting.
Since this company is based in Colorado, it is a great choice for tourists looking to have new experiences, get into a fresh hobby, or just be outdoors and active for a little while.
In this article, we’ll give you a quick rundown of AVA Rafting and everything you can expect when you choose to vacation with them. Read on to learn more.
***YOUGH WHITEWATER RAFTING: Experience Ohiopyle whitewater rafting in our Yough River feature. Ohiopyle White Water Rafting.
JUMP TO A SECTION:
All About AVA Rafting
CHECK THEM HERE: https://www.coloradorafting.net/
Before you choose whether or not to go with AVA Rafting, you might want to find out more about their services and options. This offer can take a lot of planning, preparation and effort to figure out how to make a trip like this work for you, especially if you don’t live in the area already. For this reason, we’ve gathered some of the basics below to help summarize and simplify the AVA Rafting web site.
***GLACIER RAFT CO IN GLACIER NATIONAL PARK: Discover the West Glacier with Glacier Rafting Company in our Glacier National Park raft feature. Glacier Raft Company.
Take your time, look through the information below, and consider the type of trip you and your family or friends might want to take. Your needs and preferences will help you determine the right choices to make from start to finish when planning your white water rafting experience.
Transfers and land transportation options
CHECK THEM HERE: https://www.coloradorafting.net/blog/heres-a-rundown-on-transportation-options-to-avas-outposts/
- When you’re going on vacation, you may not always have the benefit of bringing your own car along for the trip. Whether you’re flying to Colorado to participate in one of the AVA Rafting tours or you just prefer to choose something more environmentally-friendly in terms of your transportation, you have a few choices to pick from.
- AVA Rafting partners with Uber and Lyft for the Denver area and provides their own shuttle service from their outposts as well. This is a good choice for larger groups and families. These shuttles charge an additional cost, so be sure to plan accordingly when budgeting your trip.
Experienced guides for all tours
- Having a guide for your tour is a crucial addition for many people. If you are inexperienced and just getting into this hobby, it’s very important to go with a tour company that will give you an experienced guide who knows what they are doing. And if you’re traveling with kids, having a guide to help keep an eye on everyone throughout the trip may be able to give you some peace of mind and make it easier for you to relax and enjoy yourself, too. The tours available from AVA Rafting are all guided by professionals.
Equipment and gear rental
- AVA Rafting provides helmets when necessary, life jackets, wetsuits, paddles, and splash jackets. Some of these may be an additional rental cost, depending on the excursion in question.
- The company also provides all rafts, boats, and any other similar items that may be used during the trip.
- For overnight rafting, AVA provides camp chairs, a sleeping pad, backpack that is waterproof, tent, and kitchen and toilet for the overnight portion of the stay.
- Other trips (such as ziplining and rock climbing) also offer provided essentials that the company includes in the cost of the experience.
- There are many different types of destinations and packages available from this company. The AVA Rafting web site provides a handy quiz to help you narrow down your options and find some suggestions, but you can easily customize your package and put together the trip of your dreams, too.
- More package changes are usually available during the off-season (December through February). However, you can book at any time throughout the year, but if you want to have more flexibility from the company, it’s a good idea to consider visiting outside of the peak season.
- AVA Rafting offers group discounts and packages based on the type of group travel you’ll be participating in. Some of their more popular group options include corporate getaways, sports retreats, bachelor and bachelorette vacations, weddings, college trips, church youth group trips, and family reunions.
- The trips and activities for group events are easily customizable through the AVA Rafting web site or by calling the company to build your package. The prices may vary depending on the destination, the package, the destination and the time of year. However, there will always be deals and specials available for group rates.
Meals and other convenient add-ons
- If you choose, you can pay to add on meals and lodging to your adventure. Lodging may be camping in a tent or in a cabin, depending on the specific excursion you’ll be taking and the choices you make regarding custom options.
- You may also choose to add on other activities to the experience. For example, you can add rock climbing or horseback riding to your whitewater rafting trip if you desire.
- AVA Rafting offers trips on the Arkansas River, the Blue River, Clear Creek, and the Colorado River.
- The company offers destinations to Aspen, Colorado Springs, Vail, Breckenridge, Estes Park, Denver, Steamboat Springs, Glenwood Springs, and Rocky Mountain National Park. Some of these trips are not whitewater rafting, however, and may be rock climbing, ziplining, train rides, horseback riding and more.
- There may be other destinations available depending on the type of trip you’re taking and the time of year when you’ll be traveling. Be sure to check with the company by calling or visiting the web site to find out more information.
- Most customers are very satisfied with the customer service and professional quality of AVA Rafting.
- The guides are friendly, knowledgeable, and funny, and they’re good at keeping everyone entertained throughout the duration of the trip.
- The company is very easy to reach with questions or concerns.
- Some customers have encountered a lot of disorganization when trying to confirm or begin their adventures, although this isn’t very common.
- Some of the specific types of trips may be canceled if not enough people schedule for them, which can be disappointing and frustrating to customers who are planning a whole vacation experience around them.
- Many customers report the ziplining and rock climbing being less fun and much more difficult than the whitewater rafting experiences available from this company.
Who can really benefit from using this company? What kind of customer is ideal for AVA Rafting? If you’re the kind of person who enjoys an outdoor adventure but you still prefer to have a guide and an itinerary, then AVA Rafting is perfect for you. This company is also a great choice for families with kids and for larger groups of people wanting to experience nature together, too.
If you’re the outdoorsy type and you want to take a vacation to Colorado, consider AVA Rafting. You’re sure to find a package or trip you’ll love when you check out their many options!