JUMP TO A SECTION:
Our Choice Recommendation
- HIGH-QUALITY SUP ALLOY PADDLE - The high-performing BPS Alloy Composite Paddle is constructed with a strong...
- HIGH-PROPULSION PADDLE THAT FLOATS - These products are designed and tested by experienced paddlers in New Zealand....
- DURABLE, ADJUSTABLE & ERGONOMIC – The paddle height can be easily adjusted to 65 in. long (1650mm) at its...
What is an SUP paddle?
What does SUP stand for?
Are SUP paddles different from those meant for kayaks, boats, and other similar items?
SUP stands for “stand up paddleboard,” and an SUP paddle is simply the type of paddle designed for use with this type of product. Paddle boards require different types of paddles than kayaks and boats, and they have a unique shape that allows them to help propel the paddle board through the water appropriately.
If you’re into paddle boarding or you’re just getting started with this fun and exciting recreational hobby, you may be looking for a good, durable, long-lasting paddle to help you make the most of the experience.
***GET YOUR STAND UP PADDLE BOARD PADDLES HERE: See adjustable stand up SUP paddles in our collection. Sup Paddle.
There are a lot of different types of paddles out there, and they’re all made of different materials, too. In this article, we’ll show you seven of our favorite choices, so you can take a look at the different options an price ranges to find the paddle that works best for you.
Remember that there are a lot of factors to keep in mind when choosing a paddle for your stand up paddleboard, and it may take a little effort to pick the right one.
Read on for more information.
Option #1. Adjustable Stand Up Paddle
This Adjustable Stand Up Paddle is a great choice for beginners who are just getting started in the world of paddle boarding. It’s designed to last a long time and is adjustable to several different heights. It’s perfect for anyone over 4 feet 8 inches tall.
***FIND TRAILERS FOR INFLATABLE BOATS HERE: Get inflatable boat trailers in our review list selection. Inflatable Boat Trailer.
- This paddle comes in either a bright blue or a bold yellow.
- The paddle weighs only 2 pounds 2 ounces.
- This paddle may break easily, especially when adjusting it.
- The handle may snap in half in some instances.
Option #2. Solstice by Swimline Aluminum SUP Paddle
Adjust the Solstice by Swimline Aluminum SUP Paddle between several different heights to find the right match for you. This lightweight paddle features a sturdy T-grip and a durable blade that holds up well to a lot of use in the water. Available in black, the paddle matches most paddle boards well.
- The paddle is designed to be ergonomically friendly for most people.
- The paddle is light enough for most paddlers to use comfortably for an hour or so.
- The screws may break easily on this paddle.
- The paddle may be too heavy for kids to use, or for long-term use for several hours at a time.
Option #3. Kids Alloy SUP Paddle
If you’re looking for a good paddle for kids to use while they learn to paddle board, check out this Kids Alloy SUP Paddle . This choice is adjustable and designed for anyone under 5 feet 4 inches, so it’s good for petite adults as well. This option weighs less than two pounds and is easy to maneuver.
- The paddle can be broken down into two pieces for storage and transportation purposes.
- The paddle floats easily if it’s dropped.
- The paddle may be too heavy for very young kids to use comfortably.
- The handle may break after several uses.
Option #4. Stand Up Paddle Board Paddle
Choose between either a three-piece design or a four-piece design with this Stand Up Paddle Board Paddle . Available in blue and black, this paddle can be adjusted to different heights and features an ergonomic handle design to make it easier to use for longer periods of time. This offer can easily be locked in place and adjusted as needed on the go.
- The paddle can be broken down for transportation and storage.
- The paddle is easy to use in the water.
- This paddle may sink in some instances.
- The paddle may be stiff and hard to adjust when it’s new.
Option #5. BPS Adjustable 2-Piece SUP Paddle
The BPS Adjustable 2-Piece SUP Paddle can be purchased with or without a blade cover and comes in a stylish, sleek solid black to match any paddle board. For those who are looking for a splash of color on their paddles, customers can choose the color of the logo on the blade between five options.
- The paddle breaks down into two pieces for convenience on the go.
- The paddle only weighs 2.1 pounds and is easy to use for just about any paddler, including beginners and pros alike.
- It is not easy to adjust this paddle, especially when it’s new and not “broken in.”
- The paddle may arrive scuffed.
Option #6. Abahub 3-Piece Adjustable Carbon Fiber SUP Paddle
For a fun and funky look for your SUP paddle, check out the Abahub 3-Piece Adjustable Carbon Fiber SUP Paddle . This paddle comes with a blue wave-print blade, but it can also be purchased with a solid black or a fiber-print black blade instead. Whichever look you choose, this paddle is durable and built to last a long time to come.
- This is a lightweight paddle that can be adjusted for use by anyone over 5 feet tall.
- The paddle comes with a free paddle bag for storage and transportation purposes.
- The screws may break easily on this option.
- It may be difficult to get in touch with customer service for this paddle.
Option #7. Carbon Fiber SUP Paddle
This Carbon Fiber SUP Paddle is built for use by anyone over 5 feet tall and can be adjusted to several different heights. This choice comes with a free paddle bag and is made of carbon and fiberglass for lightweight, durable performance.
- This paddle comes in several different aesthetic styles and can be purchased without the bag for a reduced price.
- The paddle is ergonomically designed with a T-grip for comfort and ease of use.
- The paddle may fall apart easily after just a few uses.
- It may be difficult to assemble this paddle the first time you use it.
Now that you’ve had a chance to take a look at some of the best paddles on the market, it’s time to make your decision! It can be a little difficult to find the right paddle for you as well as the right one for any of your friends or family who may be sharing your board. However, with a little practice and some time to consider the choices, you can easily narrow them down and find a paddle that will keep you on the water for a long time to come.
Here are some tips for choosing the best paddle for your needs:
- Consider the height: Choose a paddle that is the right height for you. If possible, pick an adjustable one, so you can customize it a little bit more to your needs.
- Consider the materials: Different materials have different strengths and weaknesses, so choose the one that has the features you’re looking for.
- Consider the weight: Pick something lightweight enough that it will float, but sturdy enough that it will help you steer and move your paddleboard.
If possible, head to your local lake and rent a paddle for the day to see how it works. This can help you determine if the material is a good fit for you, and it can help you look in the right direction when it comes time to buy your own.
Last update on 2022-12-31 at 15:29 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.